Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mini Bathroom Reno #2

I have all my pictures for my bathroom reveal! You may remember I did a mini Reno to it awhile back....I thought I was done but, I decided to do more to it to improve its look.

These are the before pictures....





After mini Reno....
Goodbye ugly counter, black floor and stainless steel.



After mine Reno #2....
Good bye pink and green!!!




I decided to paint the pink and green tile (I'm not to sure why I didn't do it sooner!). It turned out great! Once I decided I wanted to paint it I  tried to think of ways I could cover up the shower area because you can't paint were the water hits the wall....It will just wash the paint away. Then it popped into my mind...a tub surround...PERFECT! So off I went to The Home Depot and found a simple 5 piece tub surround that could be glued over tile..... All my problems were solved! and it was only $100.

I was still a little worried about painting the tile in the bathroom because of the humidity so to get the paint to stick to the tile I knew I had to sand it but, it wasn't really working... More just polishing. So I skipped the sanding part and used a primer that is called Stix (it is suppose to stick to anything). Next I used a product called Perma-White (which is mould and mildew resistant, great for a bathroom) this product is also self priming so I knew it would be durable. I allowed for the proper dry times and kept the bathroom free from humidity for about 7 day while the paint cured.

The paint is standing up great in the bathroom on the tile so far, we just have to make sure it doesn't get to steamy that the walls start to sweat (you need a good strong fan).  The colour I used is Benjamin Moore's classic gray (oc-23).


Main Bathroom- COMPLETE  
  • Sand counter top and cabinet
  • Paint counter top and cabinet
  • Install new flooring
  • Buy new sink and faucet
  • Install new sink and faucet
  • Clean all the walls, tub and toilet
  • Spray paint the medicine cabinet white
  • Buy new white towels (just hand towels)
  • Buy white shower curtain
  • Accessorize
  • Paint the baseboard heater
  • Paint tile
  • Put in tub surround

Kitchen and main bathroom down..... next time I will reveal some big news!!!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks great lady - smart idea to put the tub surround in as an easy fix! :)

Amanda Cromwell said...

Kerry- Thank you!